The Ralph E. Waltenbaugh Scholarship Fund provides for post-high school education for people with Down syndrome. This fund was first established in 1996 and is managed through the Greater Rochester Area Community Foundation. Each year Band of Angels contributes a significant percentage of profits to sustain this fund. This fund is named for the founder's paternal grandfather, a stong believer that education can transform each of us.
- Complete an application form
- Provide a typed essay written by the applicant
- Choose one of the following topics:
- Describe an event in your life in which you had to overcome a great obstacle
- Describe your greatest achievement
- Must be one full page, single spaced
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or an educator who has had extended contact with the applicant within the last two years
- Must be at least 1/2 page
- Sealed in an envelope with the signature of the educator across the seal
To Obtain an Application
- Complete an online application
- Contact us online, via phone or via mail.